You can wash, use low heat, style, swim, workout, dye or bleach our virgin natural hair color. Do not bleach or color #1b hair, hair that has already been dyed. Do not apply products with alcohol, heavy oils or clarifying agents. Do not allow product build-up.
PS Hair™ is masterfully crafted. It is not necessary to seal your wefts but doing so may increase longevity. We do not recommend splitting hair wefts or using adhesives. You should also minimize cutting the wefts during installation by using the fold over method. And remember, the older our hair textures get, the better they will look!
Always use a high-quality moisturizing shampoo and a high-quality moisturizing conditioner to wash your hair pieces. We recommend that you limit or do not use leave-in conditioner on your hair extensions. Over conditioning causes the hair to dry out and perform poorly.
Do’s and Dont’s
- Do not apply oils, alcohol or clarifying products.
- Do not sleep on wet hair.
- Do not allow product build-up.
- Do not over process virgin hair. Never process colored hair.
- Only use a wide tooth comb or brush. Never brush dry hair.
- Only comb or brush hair extensions while wet. First, apply a 50/50 mix of creme conditioner and water and gently detangle from the ends to the weft.
- Moisturize hair after being exposed to extreme heat, humidity or heavy rain.
- Apply a generous amount of a wash-out creme conditioner to damp hair extensions prior to swimming. This will help to protect the hair from matting and will keep your curls popping! Always wash chlorine and salt water from your hair and hair extensions immediately after swimming with a moisturizing mild shampoo followed by a moisturizing conditioner.
- Always secure your hair before sleeping in at least 5 large braids. Be sure to detangle before braiding.
- Although you can apply heat to our curly virgin hair textures,we do not recommend doing so. Please be aware that you risk your curls not reverting as tightly as you may like.
- Do not attempt to get your natural textured hair extensions to shine or have high luser. Low luster is the hallmark of some Type 3 curls and all Type 4 coils.
1. How many packs of hair comes in one bundle or one clip-in set?
You will receive one pack of hair or clip-set per unit price. We do not offer “bundle deals”.
2. How many packs of hair do I need for a full head?
We recommend at least two (2) packs of hair extensions for most installs up to 16″. 18″ and longer may require more bundles depending on your desired hairstyle. We do not recommend splitting PS Hair wefts.
3. How is PS Hair hair measured?
All PS Hair is measured when the hair is pulled straight.
4. I’ve heard that PS Hair lasts for years. Is that really true?
Private Stock Hair longevity depends on individual hair care. Real customers, however, report reusing their PS Hair anywhere between their purchase to over two years. To date, the longest confirmed customer longevity report is 3.3 years of slaying our hair extensions! Follow us on Instagram for the latest reports!
5. Is PS Hair 100% virgin human hair?
PS Hair may be purchased as 100% virgin human hair or 100% Remy human hair. Our curly and kinky curl textures are all patterned with gentle steam. Virgin hair is chemical free and can be colored or bleached at home. Remy hair is virgin hair that has been dyed at our factory. Our factory color (dye) is permanent. We do not recommend that your dye or bleach colored hair. Doing so will not produce the desired result.
6. Will Remy hair last as long as virgin hair?
Typically, virgin hair will last longer than Remy hair because it has not been exposed to chemicals.
7. When I received my bundles they were very curly, wavy and had a sheen to it. Why doesn’t the hair look textured kinky curly?
No worries! You are looking at the factory pattern of the hair. Your PS Hair is expected to take on its actual texture after installation. All purchases are final and/or may not be exchanged if you alter the hair in any way from its original new condition. This includes wetting the hair. Please contact us immediately if you have a texture concern.
8. Why does my hair look so dry, big and unmanageable after only a few days of wearing it?
PS Hair is specifically designed to closely resemble and take on most characteristics of actual type 4 hair. Your PS Hair just likely needs to be revived. You either have too much product, not enough product or in need of a moisturizing shampoo or moisturizing conditioner. It takes time to develop a hair care routine with this magnificent texture. Please visit Hair Care for more information. Still, have questions? Shoot us an email and we will happily guide you back on track!
9. I’m walking around with a hot mess birds nest of clumpy and big hair! Is it damaged? What can I do about this?
We understand your distress and we are here for you! Your hair is probably not damaged and may simply need to be revived with a moisturizing co-wash to detangle the hair, perhaps a mild moisturizing shampoo to remove any build-up and you’ve got your life back! Please see our FAQ > Quick Tips for a possible remedy or contact us for assistance. You may also view or download our PS Hair Care Guide from the link at the bottom of your order confirmation or visit our online resource -Hair Care.
10. How can the same hair texture look so different on other women?
That’s simple! It’s just a matter of styling preference, product selection, and/or product to water ratio. Express yourself and don’t forget to send us your selfies! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
11. Can I swim and workout in my PS hair?
Yes! We hear you. You want to look as good coming out of the water as you did going in… Visit our Hair Care page for tips on washing your extensions. Psst! Quick tip: Before swimming coat your extensions in a creme wash-out moisturizing conditioner and rinse out afterward. You may need a mild moisturizing shampoo to remove any chlorine of saltwater from your curls as well.
12. How much shrinkage can I expect from your kinky curly PS Hair?
Depending on the hair texture you may notice approximately a 2” to 4” amount of shrinkage.
13. What weight is your hair?
PS Hair is sold in approximately 4 oz. Our clip in extensions, however, can be purchased in 2 oz., 4 oz., or 6 oz. bundles.
14. What is the natural color of your virgin hair? Do I have a choice of natural hair color?
Our virgin hair is generally a medium to dark brown. You cannot request a specific natural hair color. We will pair hairpieces to their closest match. We recommend that you order your hair pieces at the same time.
15. What origin is PS Hair?
We source our hair from South America.
Clip- in Size Options
5 0z (142 grams) – above average full head coverage.
7 oz (198 grams) – very full head coverage or average thickness with leftover clip pieces.